Saturday 1 August 2009

The Slayer's Scythe (Part Two)

The sounds of battle filled the abandoned house - electrical discharges from the Tesla maces crackled and the clang of swords and axes.

Buffy-bot wandered calmly from room to room fixated on her task. She stopped and asked the small dragon who stood in the doorway. "Do you have my scythe?"

The dragon replied with a steady stream of crossbow bolts that hit Buffy-bot with series of thuds. Buffy-bot started swinging and didn't stop until the dragon stopped moving.

Buffy-bot kept looking until she suddenly came across it behind the old sofa.

"Oh, there is my scythe," she reported to no one in particular. "I found my scythe."

"Very good," said Officer Freng, "Let's get it back to the station."

Willow [Faith C] tried to argue with Buffy-bot. "It's Buffy Scythe, not yours."

"I must take it somewhere safe. I know.... I will take it to the police station."

"It was somewhere safe." cried Willow, "The police are evil, Buffy-bot. They are tricking you!"

"Office Freng... he is Sunnydale's Finest... he will know what to do," declared Buffy-bot.

"They are not the good guys," explained Willow.

"I will go there now," declared Buffy-bot.

"Nuuuuuuu!" cried Redy, the dragon.

"No you won't," said Willow.

----

Buffy-bot had walked some distance from the abandoned house when Willow caught up with her. Willow struck Buffy-bot and Buffy-bot struck her back. Their battle raged across the broken ground of the darkside of Sunnydale. They traded blows wordlessly, evenly matched until the police officers and Scoobies rushed to the scene.

"You are Willow...you are my friend...Willow I have to get my scythe to somewhere safe," Buffy-bot tried to explain.

A crowd had gathered around them - police officers, Buffy's friends, vampires and the dragon. Each one trying to be helpful.

"The Cops, are... not your friends.," said Willow

"Follow me back to the station," said Officer Rosenberg [Bellarata].

"Bring it to the dragon. It will keep it safe," whispered Redy.

Buffy-bot found this very confusing. She looked around and called out, "Spike..?" He would know what to do.

"Yes," answered Spike.

But then the voice that whispered in her head grew louder, and it drowned out all other voices. Buffy-bot turned to the police officer.

"You are Officer Freng... you are Sunnydale's Finest," she declared.

"Yes," replied the police officer, his eyes giving off a red demonic glow, "and you need to come back to the station with me."

"I need to come back to the station with you," Buffy-bot echoed.

"..or hand me the shiny scythe.."

Willow cried out, "No! Don't!"

Buffy-bot raised her arm slowly and she carefully handed the scythe to Officer Freng.

"No Buffy!" screamed Willow.

"Buffy!" said Spike.

"Nuuuuuuu!" cried Redy.

Then Officer Freng did something that Buffy-bot didn't understand at all. Officer Freng threw back his head and laughed.

No comments: