Sunday 23 August 2009

Web of Lies, Seeds of Doubt (Part Two)

Pepper had left the crypt. As the door swung shut, a cloud of dust stirred from the floor and played around Redy's tail.

"Redy..."

"Hmm?" asked Redy.

It was the young Buffy [Kammy]. "Spit it out. What was Pepper talking about? 'Once they realize what you really are.'"

"She is trying to drag me to her side. It's not the first time," Redy shrugged.

"But what.. are you?" asked Buffy.

"I'm a dragon," explained Redy."A baby at the moment, only 758 years old."

"And when you get older...bigger I mean..."

"Then I'm still a dragon, only older and bigger."

"You won't become evil will you?"

Redy smiled. "I only know of one who became evil so far... only one who came back from a trip to the universe and he was ill in mind...."

Buffy didn't reply. Instead she said,"We better find Faith."

Redy nodded.

The young dragon and the young Slayer entered the tunnels beneath Sunnydale through the passage in the rear of the crypt.

As they rejoined Faith [Alanna], suddenly Redy said, "But I know what she is trying."

"Oh??" asked Buffy.

"If she is able to make people afraid of me .... then I'm alone."

"She knows your too valuable to be with us 'cause she is afraid of you," added Faith with a laugh.

Redy and the two Slayers walked through the moss and puddles of water that had collected in the sewers since the flooding of Sunnydale.

"Redy, I trust you," Buffy remarked.

Redy sighed.

Buffy continued, "I was just asking because I don't know a lot about dragons."

Redy paused a moment. "Pepper knows that," she replied.

Soon the patrol drew to a close as Buffy went off on her own.

"Alright...go home Redy" said Faith turning to the small dragon.

"Home?" asked Redy.

"Not much more you can do here," continued Faith.

Redy pouted and then wandered off towards the Magic Box.

[Thank you Redy for submitting the content for this posting]

No comments: