Wednesday 19 August 2009

Team Deathmatch


The Chalice of Juturna was restored and the waters that threatened to swallow Sunnydale were turned back. The eight responsible each received a magic sword as reward.

Having being defeated at the hands of Buffy and owners of two of these swords, Pepper is now in the process of reconstituting and is vowing revenge. Slayers and scoobies must try to stop her and her allies as she transforms and strengthens.
[from game guidelines by Zeno Baxton]

----
Pepper ran through the graveyard, her boney feet crushing the grass beneath her. Since her chance meeting with the two Buffys at Wolfram and Hart, she had kept moving. Despite her bravado she knew she was in no state to confront the Slayers on her own.

Suddenly, she came upon a dark figure standing confidently among the monuments. The pale moon illumined his face. Here was someone she knew. Here was the ally she needed.

"You...I know you," she stated "You serve the Master too."

The vampire, Xander Harris [Soara], turned to face the skeletal form before him. "Yes I do," he replied.

Pepper croaked, "That dragon and the Slayer.. they did this to me... burned me with that dragon breath." She held out her arms indicating her skinless state.

"And her scoobies I imagine," added Xander helpfully.

Her voice whistled through the bones of her body. It was filled with despair and rage. "I want them all to pay! I can feel myself returning... it's slower than it should be."

"Show them no mercy," directed Xander. He stopped and sniffed the air, "I smell company."

"Good, good," added Pepper with dark glee. "I want revenge. I can feel it in my bones."

----

Final score

Scoobies

Javelin Somerset (Buffy) - 5 kills
Kreng Jonson (Daniel) - 3 kills
Merissa Frostbyte - 0 kills
Redy9 Shepherd - 1 kill

Vampires/Demons

Kaezin Freng (joining game in progress) - 0 kills
Pepper Siamendes - 1 kill
Soara Jewell (Xander) - 1 kill

----

Pepper could take the defeat. She could take the bruising. Her normal body had finally reconstituted and she even managed to draw some blood today. What she couldn't stand though was the gloating from the victorious scoobies.

She tried to put a brave face on things, after all it was nice to have a face again. "Okay Slayer... you may have won this round...."

Merissa interrupted, "We're white hats. We always win."

"Tsk," said Buffy. "Save it, heard it all before... 'you may have won the match, but the war will be mine' yada yada yada..."

Merissa added, "How about 'I will have my revenge.'.... "

Daniel joined in, "When will the bad guys get new lines? Seriously, they're older than old!"

Merissa continued, "...or 'You will RUE the day you crossed me!'"

Pepper scowled. This was very frustrating. "Come on Xander...the Master will not be please..."

"Yah! Now THAT's original," fired Buffy.

"...but I'd rather face him than have to listen to this lot."

No comments: