Monday 3 August 2009

The Slayer's Scythe (Part Three)

EPILOGUE

Buffy-bot stood quietly in the jail cell, her lost scythe now resting in her right hand. The voice that whispered in her head was silent now, as if it had completed it task and had no further reason to exist.

Officers Freng and Rosenberg had left the station house. The last thing Officer Freng had said was that "the Mayor will be informed." Buffy-bot wasn't sure why but she thought this was important.

The door of the police station hissed open.

"I don't understand this world..."

Buffy-bot looked up at the new voice. It was Glory.

"You have a nice toy and I want this toy..."

"I have found my scythe," announced Buffy-bot.

"..this Scythe in my bedroom. Perfect. Oh you are a robot. Sorry, you don't understand. Humans don't understand me."

Buffy-bot looked at Glory and stated, "You are Glory... you have lost your key."

"Yes Buffy-bot. My thing, it's my KEY. Have you information Buffy-bot?"

"I can't tell you. I must protect Dawn."

"No," replied Glory with a smile, "you must love me....you can tell me all."

1 comment:

Nate said...

This is so exciting - like following a novel :)