Thursday 30 July 2009

The Slayer's Scythe (Part One)

Buffy-bot 2.0 marched through the sewer. Her scythe was here somewhere. She knew it. The voice that whispered in her head said it was so.

She turned the corner of and saw something more precious to her than the missing weapon. It was Spike rushing towards her with his Tesla mace ablaze and in his right hand.

"You are Spike...you have washboard abs," she announced.

Spike slowed his approach. "Looking for something Slayer?" he asked. Here was her anchor. He would know what to do.

"Have you seen my scythe Spike?"

"Listen, you have to find the scythe and bring it to me."

"I lost it."

"No, you must find it...find it and bring it to me."

"It's under there," Buffy-bot pointed to the ground.

Spike made a noise then he ran away down the tunnel. Perplexed, Buffy-bot watched him go.

----
Soon she came across several police officers who also looked like they were searching for something.

"I found Spike," she announced. "He will help me find my scythe."

Officer Willow Rosenberg [Bellarata], the soulless vampire, asked, "Do we need Spike?"

"I need him very much," replied Buffy-bot

"It does look like the scythe from the records I hope." remarked Officer Freng, his red demonic eyes flashing in the dim light.

"He will help find my scythe."

"Good," replied Officer Freng. "Now find the scythe."

Buffy-bot thought this was very nice. Everyone she spoke with so far encouraged her to find her scythe. She tried to be helpful, "Maybe Willow knows...she used my scythe and it bleached her hair."

"Yes," commented Officer Rosenberg, " and not a good color for us either."

"I miss Spike," sighed Buffy-bot. "I will find him."

As she wandered off, she heard Officer Freng asked his companions, "Who is monitoring the Scoobies?"

----

The ground near the cemetary was broken and uneven. Buffy-bot saw Spike up ahead in front of an old abandoned house. He was standing side by side with Willow [Faith C] and Xander [Soara]. Behind them stood a small green dragon.

The police officers had the house surrounded but Buffy-bot paid no attention to them. There was only one person she wanted to talk with.

"Hello Spike...I missed you."

"Hello Slayer...bot ...thing."

"You have washboard abs," she remarked.

"Oh please," said Spike.

Willow laughed.

"Oh Spike, oh Spike. I need you Spike," implored Buffy-bot

"Spike don't listen to her," warned Willow.

Redy kicked Spike to wake him up. "Oi!" hollered Spike.

"Will you help me find my scythe?" asked Buffy-bot.

"Spike! It's not Buffy, you know that," said Willow.

"Think I'm falling for this robot?" snapped Spike.

Meanwhile, Officer Freng pointed to Redy the dragon "Do you have a license for that thing?"

Officer Rosenberg interjected, "Sir, I can have animal control on the line in seconds."

While the police prepared for their raid, Buffy-bot walked into the empty house.

No comments: